Re: [xsl] MS Word to Excel using XSLT

Subject: Re: [xsl] MS Word to Excel using XSLT
From: "Vyacheslav Sedov" <vyacheslav.sedov@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 14:20:18 +0300
hi all,

to my mind it not good idea to learn complex buggy outdated
proprietary format (even two) - i suggest "feature-proof" way :)

you can use Sun`s ODF Plugin for Microsoft Office
http://www.sun.com/software/star/odf_plugin/index.jsp then save files
as ODT (or just use OpenOffice open Word 2003 files & save as ODT -
this can be automated), then perform two simple transformations
instead one complex - (1) extract data to custom XML file (2) make new
document from extracted data in OpenOffice Calc format
(http://openoffice.org) then if you really need MS Office 2003 format
- you can save it from OpenOffice as MS Excell 2003 document (can be
automated too)

for archive handling i usually use 7-zip comand line (http://www.7-zip.org/)

sure i can help if you want

with best wishes,
Slav

p.s. if to be truly - i don`t understand why you trying to extract
data from one not proper format and put into another not proper format
for data handling (even OpenOffice format not proper too) - maybe
better to put extracted data to eXist database and then generate any
format that you need (or anyone else) on the fly?