RE: [xsl] XSL 2.0 - value-of - xml:space="preserve"

Subject: RE: [xsl] XSL 2.0 - value-of - xml:space="preserve"
From: Robert Koberg <rob@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 23:20:06 -0400
> > On Fri, 2008-04-04 at 10:50 +0800, Michael Kay wrote:
> > > Yes, this is expected. With xml:space="preserve", whitespace text
> > > nodes appearing in a sequence constructor are significant and are
> > > copied to the output, as if they were enclosed in xsl:text.
> >
> > There is no whitespace between the '=<xsl:value-of/>;'
> > (and I specified separator="")
>
> Yes, but there is whitespace between the start tag <script> and the start
> tag <xsl:variable>. I'm not certain, but I suspect that's your problem.

OK. I see what you are getting at, but it seems like a bug.

Why would whitespace affect something that has no whitespace around it?
(especially when specifying separator="" ?) I am guessing, but it seems like some ContentHandler type-thing is automatically inserting the first set of whitespace for ever XSL element ??

best,
-Rob