Re: [xsl] [XSLT]Use value of parameter

Subject: Re: [xsl] [XSLT]Use value of parameter
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 11:03:28 +0100
> I need change value of the global parameter,
"global" means that it has the same value "globally" ie for teh entire
run of the stylesheet.  If you want a parameter to have different values
at different points of the execution then by definition it is a local
parameter.

> I need pass a parameter from one template to other template
use <xsl:with-param  at the point that you use xsl:apply-templates or xsl:call-template.

> and pass  the result from the second template to de first (like a normal
> function).

like a normal function, a template only has one result, and never
changes the valuues of its input. The way to capture that result is to
use
<xsl:variable name="x">
 <xsl:call-template

In XSLT 1, $x will always be a result-tree-fragment, but in XSLT2 any
XPath type might be returned.

> Anybody can help me?

You'd probably get more useful help if you stated what problem you were
trying to solve.

David