Re: [xsl] current-dateTime()

Subject: Re: [xsl] current-dateTime()
From: "Andrew Welch" <andrew.j.welch@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 16:20:15 +0100
On 18/04/2008, Abel Braaksma <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Unless you include the position() in the uri to make it unique....?
> >

>  Why would position() be unique? Besides, there are many places where
> position() is illegal.

In the context of a very large input document with repeating
structure... or say generating thousands of output files.  Or as in
what I doing this morning processing a massive sequence of strings.

In most transforms you can construct a number that reflects the
position within the processing... The idea is to use that number along
with the known total and rough time per item to estimate a finish
time.

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com