Re: [xsl] XSL-T should naturally loop? not grabbing all the children node-sets..

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSL-T should naturally loop? not grabbing all the children node-sets..
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 16:48:37 +0100
> What do I need to do differently that I am not understanding?

 <xsl:template match="category">
  <xsl:choose>
   <xsl:when test="(@name=$paraCatagory)">

      <xsl:value-of select="category/@display_name"/>

here you have  match="category"> so the current node is a categoiry
element so the  select="category is selecting child nodes of category
that are also called category, You select all such children but (in
xslt 1) value-of will just give you the string value of the first node
selected.

Noweher do yo iterate through the child catagories with
xsl:apply-templates or xsl:for-each, so it's not clear why you expect to
loop over these, probably you want to apply-templates to the child
elemsnts but not knowing what output you want I can't really suggest any
code changes.

As Michael said this will do nothing if the global parameter does not
match the name on the outer element,

David