Re: [xsl] Problem with Safari?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Problem with Safari?
From: "Manfred Staudinger" <manfred.staudinger@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 12:29:37 +0200
>  2008/4/30 Michael M|ller-Hillebrand <mmh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>
> > I just have Safari 3.1.1, bot WinXP and Mac OS, and the page created is
just
>  > empty.
>  >
>  >  I can see no error message in the console.
Thanks for verifying the problem on Safari 3.1.1 ! I have the
suspicion that including the DOCTYPE may cause the problem! Could you
be so kind to try this:
   http://test.rudolphina.org/avail-test-a.xml
It is calling the very same stylesheet in its PI, but without a DOCTYPE.

http://developer.apple.com/internet/safari/faq.html#anchor21

>  mainly:
>  "XSLT is not accessible via JavaScript XSLTProcessor for arbitrary XML
>  transformations in an HTML page."
>
>  if that's the way you're calling your XSL
No, as you can see from the XML included in my post, I use a PI to
invoke the transformation, which should work from Safari 1.3 onwards.

Regards,

Manfred