Re: [xsl] function-available returns false

Subject: Re: [xsl] function-available returns false
From: "Manfred Staudinger" <manfred.staudinger@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 20:35:06 +0200
2008/5/2 Abel Braaksma <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Manfred Staudinger wrote:
>

> > >  In practice, of course, function-available() is almost always called
> with a
> > >  string literal as its argument.
> > >

> > The use case here is to get a quick reference which elements or
> > functions are not (jet) implemented and which extensions are available
> > in a certain version of an XSLT 1.0 processor (in a particular
> > browser).
> >

>  You may want to have a look at the post of Peter Mozolik, who showed a way
> to test for all EXSLT extensions, categorized per module, at 17/06/2007,
> subject line "[xsl] EXSLT support report". An archived copy can be found
> here: http://biglist.com/lists/xsl-list/archives/200706/msg00279.html

Abel, thanks for the pointer. You can find my full xsl and xml here:
http://documenta.rudolphina.org/available.xsl
http://documenta.rudolphina.org/available.xml
It shows the state of implementation for xslt elements and functions
in 7 categories:
    1 xslt instructions [shown when element-available() returns false()]
    2 xslt top-level-elements [shown when element-available() returns true()]
    3 xslt special-context-elements [shown when element-available()
returns true()]
    4 xslt functions [shown when function-available() returns false()]
    5 xpath functions [shown when function-available() returns false()]
    6 extension elements [shown when element-available() returns true()]
    7 extension functions [shown when function-available() returns true()]
Categories 2 and 3 are somewhat trivial and may be omited. To keep the
listing short, it shows only what cannot anticipated from the
standard: variations, additions etc. If you know of any extension not
listed in my xml, please tell me.

>  Notice that his code does seem to work with Saxon 6.5.5.
Cat. 7 from above works for me too, its only 4 and 5 which don't work
with Saxon 6.5.5!

Regards,

Manfred