RE: [xsl] Commenting selected elements (parents) and keeping the child elements with attributes/restoring parents elements somewhere else

Subject: RE: [xsl] Commenting selected elements (parents) and keeping the child elements with attributes/restoring parents elements somewhere else
From: "Pankaj Chaturvedi" <pankaj.chaturvedi@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 15:14:22 +0530
     <xsl:template match="ignore:*">

I think I didn't get you. Could you be more specific? What about trying
disable-output-escaping to get this done.

Thanks.

Pankaj Chaturvedi schrieb:
> generate the comment delimiters <!--
> and --> as text using disable-output-escaping or character maps; you
> can then generate the elements as real elements.
>
> Thanks Michael for suggestions. I will look into this. I need to
> restore these elements as comments (I thought that will be best way)
> as I need to re-transform back to the original.

This sounds as if you need to restore the elements from the comment
strings when doing the re-transform. Maybe it's easier to move the
elements you don't want to another namespace and than have something
like a pass-through template for that namespace:

     <xsl:template match="ignore:*">
         <xsl:apply-templates select="*"/>
     </xsl:template>

Michael Ludwig

<HTML><BODY><P><hr size=1></P>
<P><STRONG>

Confidentiality Notice:" This message and any attachment(s) contained here are information that is confidential, proprietary to IDS Infotech Ltd. and its customers.
Contents may be privileged or otherwise protected by law. The information is solely intended for the individual or the entity it is addressed to. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are not authorized to read, forward, print, retain, copy or disseminate this message or any part of it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete it from your computer."

</STRONG></P></BODY></HTML>