Re: [xsl] visual representation of imports/includes

Subject: Re: [xsl] visual representation of imports/includes
From: "Andrew Welch" <andrew.j.welch@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 14:11:21 +0100
2008/5/21 Dimitre Novatchev <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>:
> XSelerator has been doing this for more than 5 years.

That's not quite what I meant (remember I was an Xselerator enthusiast too :)

I was looking for an interactive diagram of the import/include
hierarchy: the specific transforms at the top with lines down to the
common transforms (for a simple set - the hierachy I'm looking at at
the moment contains 100s and is a mess imho)

Ideally each transform would be represented as a box, which could be
expanded to show its constituent top-level elements
(params/keys/vars/templates etc) by double-clicking.

I haven't looked at it for too long, but Ken's XSLStyle appears to be
able to handle import precedence and priority, so if the interactive
diagram could show where a template/variable/param etc is overridden
and provide a link to it (and vice-versa)  that would be an extremely
useful feature.

Does that sound feasible?

What do others use for explaining a large codebase of xslt to someone?

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com