Re: [xsl] XSD atribute repeated

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSD atribute repeated
From: "Andrew Welch" <andrew.j.welch@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 10:36:02 +0100
2008/5/30 IZASKUN GUTIERREZ GUTIERREZ <igutierrez027@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?>
> <file xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";
>  xsi:schemaLocation="http://bibtexml.sf.net/ esquema_mas_completo.xsd"
>  xmlns="http://bibtexml.sf.net/";>
>
>  <entry id="abc">
>    <article>
>      <author>Menindez, Isabel</author>
>      <title>Actuar con prudencia</title>
>     </article>
>  </entry>
>
>  <entry id="abc">
>    <book>
>      <author>Boyne, John</author>
>      <year>2006</year>
>     </book>
>  </entry>
>
> </file>

>  I need that the XSD file not validate the XML file if in the XML appears
> for example two atributes that have the same value. In the example of xml,
> the atribute id is the same in both of entry (abc).
>
> There is some way for not validate it?

This is probably off-topic for xsl-list - for XML Schema specific
questions use the xmlschema-dev mailing list.

To check for uniqueness, use xs:unique :) If you added the following
to the definition for <file> it would do what you need:

<xs:unique name="id">
  <xs:selector xpath="entry"/>
  <xs:field xpath="@id"/>
</xs:unique>

Alternatively just type the id attribute as xs:ID, as long as your ids
are all valid ids.

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com