[xsl] unicode numeric character references in xml output

Subject: [xsl] unicode numeric character references in xml output
From: a k laue <quiotl@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 10:28:18 -0700 (PDT)
Hello,

I'm transforming XML to XML, and I need to pass
through the unicode numeric character references (hex)
from the source to the output. That is, I need
"&#x2019;" in the input to appear as "&#x2019;" in the
output. I'm using XSLT 2.0 and the Saxon 9B processor.

Unfortunately, the set of possible character
references is large. (The transform works on a very
large set of scientific articles. These may include
special characters in author names, article titles,
etc.) I originally looked to character maps as the
solution, but I don't see how to map the entire
unicode set.

Thanks,
Andrea