Re: [xsl] Help in extracting namespace prefix of targetNamespace [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Subject: Re: [xsl] Help in extracting namespace prefix of targetNamespace [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]
From: "Andrew Welch" <andrew.j.welch@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 10:05:14 +0100
2008/6/2 Michael Kay <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> With XSLT 1.0 or a 2.0 system that supports the sadly-deprecated namespace
> axis, and with the xs:schema element as the context node, you can use
>
> name(namespace::*[. = current()/@targetNamespace])
>
> Without the namespace axis it becomes
>
> in-scope-prefixes(.)[namespace-uri-for-prefix(.) =
> current()/@targetNamespace]

That's an interesting point - why is it deprecated?

When I run the 2.0 example it complains that
namespace-uri-for-prefix() requires two arguments, so I modified it to
be:

in-scope-prefixes(.)[namespace-uri-for-prefix(., current()) eq
current()/@targetNamespace]

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com