Re: [xsl] Better Way to Group Siblings By Start/End Markers?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Better Way to Group Siblings By Start/End Markers?
From: Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 11:06:10 -0400
Hi,

Kudos to Eliot for taking this on. While I imagine we're not going to see community-accessible solutions in the very near term, it's still good to know that someone of his caliber is working on it seriously.

In my experiments with structural induction (see http://www.lmnl.org/wiki/index.php/XML_Pipelining), grouping has proven to work well. I've also found that a first pass over the data can make things much easier, to iron out the kinks. A nasty positional grouping problem can be converted into a much simpler grouping problem this way.).

Cheers,
Wendell