[no subject]

Few year back we thought of implementing XML to PDF workflow with the help
of XSL:FO, at least for the projects, which does not require complex
typesetting requirement. After reading your comments, I believe, W3C still
require to introduce few other features(may be in 2.0)to smartly handle the
complex publishing. I mean journals or scientific books. At least as of now
I don't see that it will be possible to meet the publisher's requirements
without multi-pass process system (plug-ins etc), which may not be fruitful
economically.

I also wonder how smartly FO handles the data manipulation, I mean moving
content from place to other so that it appears correctly on page (for which,
I've been using XSLT as of now or 3B2 and Indesign scripts or Perl etc).

The conference papers link suggested by Wendell and link
(http://www.nabble.com/FOP-f309.html) from Philip seems to be interesting.

Thanks anyways for your time and comments.

Pankaj

Confidentiality Notice:" This message and any attachment(s)
contained here are information that is confidential, proprietary to
IDS Infotech Ltd. and its customers.
Contents may be privileged or otherwise protected by law. The
information is solely intended for the individual or the entity it
is addressed to. If you are not the intended recipient of this
message, you are not authorized to read, forward, print, retain,
copy or disseminate this message or any part of it. If you have
received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately
by return e-mail and delete it from your computer."