[xsl] RE: Windows-style CRLF in text output

Subject: [xsl] RE: Windows-style CRLF in text output
From: Steven Hentschel <steven.hentschel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 09:42:05 +0100
> From: steven.hentschel@xxxxxxxxxxx
> To: xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Windows-style CRLF in text output
> Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 09:34:57 +0100
>

> I've got an application where the output needs be a text file using
windows-style line endings i.e CRLF, so I thought if the stylesheet used CRLF
as the line endings these would appear on the output. However the output has
carriage returns stripped.

> I've found I can restore the CR if I use a character map as below, but does
anyone know why do I need to do this and will all processors exhibit the same
behaviour? I'm using Saxon 9.

> <xsl:character-map name="dos-line-ending">
><xsl:output-character character="
" string="
"/>
></xsl:character-map>
>
> Steven Hentschel

> Welcome to the next generation of Windows Live
> http://www.windowslive.co.uk/get-live

The next generation of Windows Live is here
http://www.windowslive.co.uk/get-live