Re: [xsl] Grouping problem. 2.0

Subject: Re: [xsl] Grouping problem. 2.0
From: Dave Pawson <davep@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2008 17:06:33 +0100
David Carlisle wrote:
Dave

First thought is that ypu probably shoudl be using for-each-group,
grouping by searching along following-sibling::para is so 1990's
(pre-muechian grouping and xsl:for-each-group)

That was my first stage grouping (totally flat source).

I gave up on it for the numbering aspect - the context seems
all shot when I start walking back along the preceding axis.
(could be my code though, I've been at this too  long)

Second thought is that looking at your sample input aren't the numbers already in the title (or is that just to ease testing?)

Latter.

I've just realised that I'm generating xs:decimal
which is why 2.112 is the value.
Hacking through decimal to 'legal' format now... in Python
before I try xslt :-)

I.e. 2.3.4.2 from 2.342

regards

--