Re: [xsl] Is it possible to access a tag after using apply-templates?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Is it possible to access a tag after using apply-templates?
From: XemonerdX <xemonerdx@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2008 12:29:18 +0200
Michael,

The code I gave was merely an exercise for me to see if and how this
could achieved. The actual application will have to support loads and
loads of dynamic (multi-lingual) texts/code in the final output,
combinations of which can be as diverse as possible as well. So in
Martin's code I have several xsl:param's across the XSLT for each
variable, this will only increase as the amount of variable texts
increases. That's what I meant. My main concern is to separate the
final layout as much as possible from the XSLT, so as to allow other
people to design/play with it (within the limitations set by me
ofcourse), and to be able to re-use as much XSLT-generating code as
possible for generating output for different agents (XHTML, content
for mobile phones, plain text, etc).

Thank you for your answers (everybody sofar), it's a (fun!) challenge
to not think of XSLT in a procedural way.

Edwin