Re: [xsl] Copy results

Subject: Re: [xsl] Copy results
From: Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2008 09:52:27 -0400
At 04:16 AM 7/8/2008, you wrote:
Okay, well, these are disappointing responses. Especially since much
of the application in this case is written in XSLT (and is processing
and generating a number of collections). I think I'll take my own
counsel on this one. Thanks anyhow.

Steven,

As you first suggested (if that's what you suggested), a valid approach might be

<xsl:variable name="results">
  <xsl:apply-templates/>
</xsl:variable>

<xsl:result-document href="once.xhtml">
  <xsl:copy-of select="$results"/>
</xsl:result-document>
<xsl:result-document href="twice.xhtml">
  <xsl:copy-of select="$results"/>
</xsl:result-document>

Or even

<xsl:for-each select="('once.xhtml','twice.xhtml')">
  <xsl:result-document href="{.}">
    <xsl:copy-of select="$results"/>
  </xsl:result-document>
</xsl:for-each>

This is just FWIW. I don't disagree with other opinions given in this thread relating to the robustness and scalability of using XSLT for this sort of thing.

Cheers,
Wendell