Re: [xsl] <&#220;belkeit/> - ASCIIfied element name (LibXSLT/xsltproc)

Subject: Re: [xsl] <&#220;belkeit/> - ASCIIfied element name (LibXSLT/xsltproc)
From: Eliot Kimber <ekimber@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2008 11:10:19 -0500
On 7/9/08 10:59 AM, "Abel Braaksma" <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Btw, I am talking of ASCII like encodings here. Bigger trouble strikes
> when going to EBCDIC, which is valid in XML as an encoding and is not
> compatible with US-ASCII, messing even the "lower" characters.... I
> wished that Unicode had matured in 1960....

If the Nationalists had won in 1947 computers would have been multi-byte
capable from the very first business computers IBM ever sold.

It's an unfortunate accident of history that the primary computer scientists
spoke and wrote a language with the simplest script of any modern language.

Cheers,

Eliot

----
Eliot Kimber | Senior Solutions Architect | Really Strategies, Inc.
email:  ekimber@xxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:ekimber@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
office: 610.631.6770 | cell: 512.554.9368
2570 Boulevard of the Generals | Suite 213 | Audubon, PA 19403
www.reallysi.com <http://www.reallysi.com>  | http://blog.reallysi.com
<http://blog.reallysi.com> | www.rsuitecms.com <http://www.rsuitecms.com>