Re: [xsl] Re: Selecting consecutive elements using generate-id

Subject: Re: [xsl] Re: Selecting consecutive elements using generate-id
From: Eliot Kimber <ekimber@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2008 22:55:59 -0500
On 7/9/08 8:44 PM, "Kelly Attrill" <kellyattrill@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi, I am having some trouble selecting a consecutive set of elements
> in order to build a hierarchical result.

If you can use XSLT 2 then you will get much farther with for-each-group. Go
to markmail.org, search for "for-each-group" and filter by Mike Kay as the
author.

I posted a thread a couple of weeks back with some questions on how to do
some tricky grouping of Office Open XML documents. Based on suggestions from
this list, I settled on "sibling recursion" as the simplest thing to do, in
my case, to handle processing of fields.

If you're stuck with XSLT 1, then recursive templates is about your best
option, I think.

Cheers,

Eliot

----
Eliot Kimber | Senior Solutions Architect | Really Strategies, Inc.
email:  ekimber@xxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:ekimber@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
office: 610.631.6770 | cell: 512.554.9368
2570 Boulevard of the Generals | Suite 213 | Audubon, PA 19403
www.reallysi.com <http://www.reallysi.com>  | http://blog.reallysi.com
<http://blog.reallysi.com> | www.rsuitecms.com <http://www.rsuitecms.com>