Re: [xsl] Combining two XBEL XML files

Subject: Re: [xsl] Combining two XBEL XML files
From: "Aaron Gray" <aaronngray.lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 17:47:57 +0100
Aaron Gray wrote:
I want to combine two XML Bookmark Exchange Language files into one.

http://pyxml.sourceforge.net/topics/xbel/

basically they are hierarchical XML files with folder, bookmark and title
elements.

They need sorting alphabetically and combining.

Sorting on what? On the folder title?

both folder titles and bookmark titles.

If you could either give an example of a simular problems solution or a
basic guideline or structure of how to go about this.

Do you want to use XSLT 2.0 or 1.0?

either 1.0 preferably but I can work with 2.0 too. Ideally solutions in both :)

Generally if you have more than one source document you need to use the XSLT document function to pull in nodes from the second document, then you can apply templates to them.

Yes I got that much :)

Its just working with two documents at the same time, sorting them, recursing down folders in syncronism and getting back up is quite a complex task. looking for some guidance.

Sorry about the multiple posings Google Mail does not send you your own messages back when on mailing lists, duh !

Aaron