Re: [xsl] How to match very first entry from multiple entry

Subject: Re: [xsl] How to match very first entry from multiple entry
From: Ronan Klyne <ronan.klyne@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 12:46:46 +0100
V.Ramkumar wrote:
Hi,

Assume html table,

I like to match very first entry of table body not for all entry.

The below my code matching for all but I need specifically very first
element.

Ex: <xsl:template match="tbody/row/entry"><entry rowsep="1"
align="center"><xsl:apply-templates/></entry></xsl:template>

That won't match a HTML table. HTML tables use <TR> for rows and <TD> for cells.

I think what you want is match="tbody/tr/td[1]", or match="tbody/row/entry[1]", depending on what your input XML is.

It would be much easier to help if you provided your full stylesheet, a small sample input XML file, and a corresponding sample of expected output...

Ronan

--
Ronan Klyne
Business Collaborator Developer