RE: [xsl] Check for duplicate @id's - collection()

Subject: RE: [xsl] Check for duplicate @id's - collection()
From: "Philip Vallone" <philip.vallone@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 12:09:59 -0400
Thank you Ken,

This is a great idea which I currently use the following template for:

<xsl:template name="get-mandatory-id">
		<xsl:param name="id-val"/>
		<xsl:choose>
			<xsl:when test="string-length($id-val) &gt; 0">
				<xsl:value-of select="$id-val"/>
			</xsl:when>
			<xsl:otherwise>
				<xsl:value-of select="generate-id()"/>
			</xsl:otherwise>
		</xsl:choose>
	</xsl:template>

However, I also use some of the IDs for cross-referencing for PDF output and
HTML. So generating the id dynamicly is something I can't always do, unless
I am missing the obvious?

Regards,

Phil