RE: [xsl] intersect on xpath ver 1.0

Subject: RE: [xsl] intersect on xpath ver 1.0
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 14:06:33 -0000
First, can you describe more precisely what you mean by an "intersect set"
operation? I take it your inputs are node-sets, but are you comparing nodes
by identity or by value?

A number of products have extension functions for doing node-set
intersection (by node identity), but there's also a way it can be done in
standard XPath 1.0 (but maybe very inefficiently):

$p[count($q|.)=count($q)]

On the other hand, a value-based intersection can be done as

$p[.=$q]

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/