Re: [xsl] Cannot have an attribute node (style) whose parent is a document node

Subject: Re: [xsl] Cannot have an attribute node (style) whose parent is a document node
From: "Andrew Welch" <andrew.j.welch@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 20:02:09 +0000
>                        <xsl:if test="w:pPr/w:pStyle/@w:val">
>                                <xsl:attribute name="style"><xsl:value-of

> Saxon Error:
>
> java.lang.RuntimeException: Error: at xsl:attribute on line 20 of
> file:///c:/Test/test.xsl:
>  XTDE0420: Cannot have an attribute node (style) whose parent is a
> document node

Took a few minutes this one... looked really odd - but I think its
because you have xml:space="preserve" on the root element of the
stylesheet, so you add a <p> to the result, then add a whitespace text
node, then try and adding an attribute by which time its too late.

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com