Re: [xsl] Embedding/merging external PDF files with XSL-FO

Subject: Re: [xsl] Embedding/merging external PDF files with XSL-FO
From: Sebastien <kamui.rouch@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 01:22:24 +0100
Hi
Thank you for your answer.

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 12:07 AM, Dan Vint <dvint@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> At 05:39 PM 11/10/2008, you wrote:
>>
>>  -Using an external program to merge pdf is not excluded but will be a
>> last resort solution as these external documents might not be always
>> appended or prepended to the final PDF but, instead, imported in the
>> middle of it, making the merge a real pain...
>

> Try NitroPDF and I'm sure the pro version of Acrobat would do this as well.
> Not a pretty solution, you should be able to paste documents any where you
> need. If your not building often or have many files, this might be the way
> to go.

The PDF generation is driven by a PHP application so i need to launch
the external program from command line (or a script at least).
The PDF creation is a key feature of the application so it needs to be
fully automated and it is also often used, so external post-processing
via a GUI tool is not an option unfortunately...
Besides i need it to be cross-platform :(

Thanks anyway.