Re: [xsl] Attributes with default namespaces? XSLT Rec question..

Subject: Re: [xsl] Attributes with default namespaces? XSLT Rec question..
From: Colin Paul Adams <colin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 08:48:56 +0000

    Mukul> On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 1:24 PM, Geert Josten <Geert.Josten@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    >> It isn't very explicit about why the default namespace does not
    >> apply to attributes, though. And > indeed REC-xml-names itself
    >> neither.

    Mukul> my personal opinion is,

    Mukul> that identity of attributes is bound to it's containing
    Mukul> element, so this rule seems ok to me.

And I think the is the official position to.

So you only have to add a prefix to the attribute if it's identity
belongs elsewhere.

E.g. xml:id - the meaning of this attribute is independent of the
containing attribute - to discover it's meaning, you need to look at
the definition of the namespace concerned (in this case it is split
over more than one W3C recomendation).
--
Colin Adams
Preston Lancashire