Re: [xsl] processing rss with xslt

Subject: Re: [xsl] processing rss with xslt
From: Michael Ludwig <mlu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 18:46:36 +0100
Andrew Welch schrieb:
I've spent the day trying to process variours RSS feeds using XSLT and
pretty much decided it's not worth it...  Some feeds are ok, some
contain escaped markup and other contain a mix of escaped and
non-escaped markup, cdata sections etc

Those containing a seemingly unpredictable mix of escaped and non-escaped markup are probably not worth the effort to fine-tune the XSLT accordingly.

When the order is predictable, I've simply used d-o-e, although it is
certainly evil.

http://www.tagesschau.de/xml/rss2

<xsl:template match="rss/channel/item[ content:encoded ]">
  <xsl:value-of select="content:encoded" disable-output-escaping="yes"/>

That's all the thought I've invested.

Michael Ludwig