Re: [xsl] are multiple predicates same as boolean and

Subject: Re: [xsl] are multiple predicates same as boolean and
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 15:18:39 GMT
> I haven't seen programs using 3, 4 or more predicates.

I had a quick look at the stylesheets used in the day job and the most I
see was 11 (although it could be written with fewer, especially with
xslt2, but the predicates I found were originally written for xslt1 (but
used with xslt2 now)

> are excessively large number or predicates really useful? (the syntax
> allows that ...)

isn't that like asking if complicated expressions are useful?
they are useful if you need them, othewise they are not.

David