Re: [xsl] 16-bit entities converted to "?" by XSLT

Subject: Re: [xsl] 16-bit entities converted to "?" by XSLT
From: Martin Honnen <Martin.Honnen@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2008 16:13:30 +0100
John English wrote:

The transform is a output filter for a servlet. The servlet generates
XML which gets transformed into HTML and squirted from the server back
to the browser. The Content-Type is "text/html; charset=UTF-8". I've
also tried <xsl:output encoding="UTF-16">, as I mentioned, in which
case it comes out as "text/html; charset=UTF-16", but this makes no
difference as far as the way the characrer references get converted
into question marks.

Does the servlet send a HTTP response Content-Type header with a charset parameter that might contradict the encoding the xsl:output sets?

--

	Martin Honnen
	http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/