Re: [xsl] Inserting header and footer in xsl

Subject: Re: [xsl] Inserting header and footer in xsl
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2008 14:12:55 -0500
At 2008-12-08 23:18 +0530, Kalpana Pathak wrote:
I would like to insert header and footer in my PDF output using the
xsl file. For example, I get the the page numbers in the footer in the
PDF output. But, now I want the manual name also to be appeared in the
footer and section name to be appeared in the header.

Can anyone tell me which are the attributes/elements I need to place
in the xsl file?

Since you are already using XSL-FO according to your first sentence, in the stylesheet you'll find reference to <fo:page-number/>. That is the construct that is exposing the page number in the resulting footer.

That has to be in an <fo:block> because using <fo:block> is the only way to create lines using XSL-FO.

Inside that block you'll need to change your XSLT to fetch the manual and section values from your XML and place them around the page number as desired.

There are no "automatic" elements or attributes ... you'll have to do the work of fetching the needed content and use the desired formatting.

I hope this helps.

--
Upcoming XSLT/XSL-FO, UBL and code list hands-on training classes:
:  Sydney, AU 2009-01/02; Brussels, BE 2009-03; Prague, CZ 2009-03