Re: Re: [xsl] Replace function with <> characters?

Subject: Re: Re: [xsl] Replace function with <> characters?
From: Rune Stilling <subs@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 10:15:51 +0100
If your input is

<x> 3 < 4 <x>

then the input is not well formed, ie not XML and so can not be processed by any XML applictaion, XSLT in particular.

Thanks - My input is actually something like:

So it should be valid XML, but I need to transform the <>-characters of the z-tag (only the z-tag) to "& l t ;" and "& g t ;" so what the browser sees in the end is:

<x> & l t ;z & g t ; 3 & l t ; / z & g t ; </x>

The reason I need to do this is that z-tag is actually to be passed as a string to javascript function which will generate html for a tooltip where the z-tag then again should be showing with <>.

Do I make myself clear :)

\Rune