[xsl] Not displaying part of a node's value

Subject: [xsl] Not displaying part of a node's value
From: Quinn Dombrowski <qdombrow@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 12:25:54 -0600
Hi,

I'm processing a TEI document, and many <meeting> elements begin with a certain phrase, "xyz". (It's actually more complicated-- the phrase was put in inconsistently, so there's variants "xyz", "X. Yz", "X-Y-Z", etc.) I need the phrase to not appear in the output. I can identify the relevant nodes through variants of: starts-with(meeting,'xyz') but is there a way to select the value of those nodes while omitting xyz? Or do I need to go back to the encoder and tell him to get rid of it in the TEI?

Thanks!

~Quinn