RE: [xsl] Using regular expressions within xpath predicates

Subject: RE: [xsl] Using regular expressions within xpath predicates
From: "Scott, Christopher" <christopher.scott@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 12:45:07 -0500
I'm reminded of the great quote:

> Some people, when confronted with a problem, think "I know, I'll use
regular expressions."  Now they have two problems.

Seriously though, even though they can be daunting, Regex's (as regular
expressions are often abbreviated) are a great tool to have in your tool
box, especially (exclusively?) when it comes to analyzing text.

Xpath is similar to Perl regexs in some aspects, different in others,
but if you search for Xpath 2 regular expressions, you should get some
great reference links.  Dr. Kay's XSLT/Xpath book also has a great
reference chapter if you're looking for a starting point.

~Chris

Christopher Scott
Manager - ICAP/Gators Integrations - Fiserv Lending Solutions

Christopher Scott
Manager - ICAP/Gators Integrations - Fiserv Lending Solutions
(412) 261 - 4791 ext. 3511
fls.integration@xxxxxxxxxx