Re: [xsl] Restrictions on pattern for the match attribute of the xsl:template element

Subject: Re: [xsl] Restrictions on pattern for the match attribute of the xsl:template element
From: Michael Schäfer <michael.schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 12:29:08 +0100
Greetings XSL list (my first post)!

Logically, both expressions are equivalent. However, they may perform differently. In our project we use a number of different native XML DBs.
The first one was eXist. With that database, using a chain of predicates
was much faster then using a single predicate with and operators. Obviously,
this is a question of using intermediate result sets or not. Of course,
another product or release might optimise the difference away.

Michael

michael.schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxx http://www.destatis.de