Re: [xsl] XSL-FO: Background text spanned on several table cells

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSL-FO: Background text spanned on several table cells
From: Florent Georges <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 18:18:49 +0000 (GMT)
Tony Graham wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 19 2009 16:44:07 +0000, lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > G. Ken Holman wrote:

  Hi Tony,

> >   Unfortunately I don't.  Depending on the length of the
> > text within them, the height of the spanned rows can vary.
> > So if I understand correctly what you've said, it is not
> > possible to achieve this goal in plain XSL-FO, is it?

> Firstly, if you hadn't wanted one "DRAFT" over multiple cells,
> you could have the "background-image" property on every cell
> that is in the draft state.

  Yes, or even the way Ken proposed, as the vertical alignment
of "DRAFT" is not that important.

> Secondly, this achieves the desired effect when using Antenna
> House:

  I maybe missed something, but it seems that this is what Ken
proposed, using block-progression-dimension.  But as I don't
know the height of the spanned rows (because the text can be on
several lines within each row,) I think I can't use this
technique.

  But as I said, I maybe missed the point.

  Regards,

--
Florent Georges
http://www.fgeorges.org/