Re: [xsl] Re: encoding error when using cdata

Subject: Re: [xsl] Re: encoding error when using cdata
From: "Nick Fitzsimons" <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 10:55:37 -0000 (GMT)
Hi,

One point worthy of note is that you aren't specifying your output
encoding in the <xsl:output /> element. Although you have specified
Windows-1252 encoding in the XML declaration, this refers to the encoding
of the stylesheet itself, not its output. I believe that modifying your
output element thus:

<xsl:output
    indent="yes"
    method="xml"
    cdata-section-elements="Name LongDesc"
    encoding="Windows-1252"
/>

will be necessary if your input document is UTF-8.

Also, you might want to look at a reply I sent to the list a few years back:
<http://www.biglist.com/lists/xsl-list/archives/200710/msg00105.html>

HTH,

Nick.

--