RE: [xsl] passing parameters to XSL,what if no value in some cases

Subject: RE: [xsl] passing parameters to XSL,what if no value in some cases
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 09:38:59 -0000
I can't help with the first part, because you are using a programming
language and transformation API of which I have no knowledge.

But for the second part, your XSLT code can define a default value for a
stylesheet parameter

<xsl:param name="x" select="'****'"/>

and if you choose an appropriate default value, this ensures that you can
detect when no value is passed, by testing against the default value. (It
does allow the user to pass the default value explicitly, but that's good
design practice anyway.)

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/