Re: [xsl] Convet SGML data to XML format

Subject: Re: [xsl] Convet SGML data to XML format
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 20:37:42 +0100
At 2009-03-18 12:30 -0700, Happy Name wrote:
Hi: Can anyone give me some tips on writing a transformation to convert SGML data into XML? The SGML DTD (with inclusions and PC data etc) does not conform to the XML format.. Should my first approach be to generate an XML DTD out of the SGML DTD? Any suggestion.links is appreciated. Thanks Happy

http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/resources/index.htm#n2x

n2x is a freely-downloadable environment based on the free NSGMLS/SP from the inimitable James Clark. I exploited his program's output using Python to support additional features such as the preservation of SDATA and NDATA entity declarations if they are important to you.

I hope this helps.

-- XSLT/XSL-FO/XQuery training in Los Angeles (New dates!) 2009-06-08 Training tools: Comprehensive interactive XSLT/XPath 1.0/2.0 video Video lesson: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrNjJCh7Ppg&fmt=18 Video overview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTiodiij6gE&fmt=18 G. Ken Holman mailto:gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Crane Softwrights Ltd. http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/ Male Cancer Awareness Nov'07 http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/bc Legal business disclaimers: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/legal