[xsl] Interrogating attributes values to get text (part deaux)

Subject: [xsl] Interrogating attributes values to get text (part deaux)
From: Charles Flanders <cflanders@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 08:34:48 -0400
Thank you David for your template.

My sample should have looked like this:

<document>
  <nameloc id="M05-08.-HT1">
     <nmlist nametype="element" dtdorlpd="BODY" type="PARA0">P3-11</nmlist>
  </nameloc>
  <nameloc id="M05-08.-HT2">
     <nmlist nametype="element" dtdorlpd="REAR" docorsub="APPX-F" elemtype="ROW">item1</nmlist>
  </nameloc>
  <nameloc id="M05-08.-HT3">
     <nmlist nametype="element" dtdorlpd="REAR" docorsub="APPX-G" elemtype="ROW">item2</nmlist>
  </nameloc>
  <nameloc id="M05-08.-HT4">
     <nmlist nametype="element" dtdorlpd="REAR" docorsub="APPX-G" elemtype="ROW">item9</nmlist>
  </nameloc>
  <nameloc id="M05-08.-HT5">
     <nmlist nametype="element" dtdorlpd="REAR" docorsub="APPX-G" elemtype="ROW">item36</nmlist>
  </nameloc>

<STEP>
                   <HYPERTEXT linkend="M05-08.-HT2">Service
                   air cleaner assembly.</HYPERTEXT>
               </STEP>
</document>

Result to be:

C Flanders

I could use help with problem that I just don't seem to have the programming chops to conquer. I don't have template for anyone to analyze, I can't seem to get to that state. I'm using XSL 1.0.

Here is my conundrum:

The following are just snippets of XML. The entire tree structure should be irrelevant. Also, the <nameloc> and <nmlist> elements are eliminated in the results (not converted or output).

Current XML:

<document>
   <nameloc id="M05-08.-HT2">
       <nmlist nametype="element" dtdorlpd="REAR" docorsub="APPX-F"
       elemtype="ROW">item1</nmlist>
   </nameloc>

<STEP>
                   <HYPERTEXT linkend="M05-08.-HT2">Service
                   air cleaner assembly.</HYPERTEXT>
               </STEP>
</document>
The result I need to create is this:

How do I write a test will get me text of <nmlist> based on the comparison of "linkend" and "id"?

Thanks.

C. Flanders