RE: [xsl] AltovaXML bugs? (and other engines)

Subject: RE: [xsl] AltovaXML bugs? (and other engines)
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2009 10:11:30 +0800
At 2009-03-31 20:37 -0500, Scott Trenda wrote:
Just a thought (maybe someone's done it already)... is there some sort of Acid test for XSLT processors?

An old (and very limited and focused) one I published in 2003 is available here:

http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/resources/acid

... which only tests the support of entities by the XML processor used in the XSLT processor. I use entities in my stylesheets and way back when some XSLT processors had problems reading my stylesheets. I created this test with an extreme and contrived example which incorporates the XML features I use in a more meaningful approach in my work.

It does not test XSLT functionality, which is what I know you are asking for, but it does test an aspect of XSLT processing that an XSLT test suite may not incorporate: the appropriate support of XML features by the XML processor.

I hope this helps.

--
XSLT/XSL-FO/XQuery training in Los Angeles (New dates!) 2009-06-08