Re: [xsl] [xsl-fo] PDF with animated gifs

Subject: Re: [xsl] [xsl-fo] PDF with animated gifs
From: Tony Graham <Tony.Graham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 00:35:39 +0100
On Wed, May 13 2009 20:45:18 +0100, mark.gebhardt@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Has anyone tried to embed animation (specifically animated gifs at this
> point) into a pdf that is produced by FO (AH 3.4)?

Since you are using Antenna House, you may be better off asking them or
asking on their mailing list [1], however in the advice that I can find
in a web search on the subject, the answer is always that you need to
convert the GIF to a different format [3][4].

FWIW, animations with graphics is in the XSL 2.0 requirements [2].

Regards,

Tony Graham                         Tony.Graham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Director                                  W3C XSL FO SG Invited Expert
Menteith Consulting Ltd
XML, XSL and XSLT consulting, programming and training
Registered in Ireland - No. 428599   http://www.menteithconsulting.com
xmlroff XSL Formatter                               http://xmlroff.org
xslide Emacs mode                  http://www.menteith.com/wiki/xslide
Unicode: A Primer                               urn:isbn:0-7645-4625-2