Re: [xsl] sorting on decimal

Subject: Re: [xsl] sorting on decimal
From: "Christopher R. Maden" <crism@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 14:43:03 -0400
Don Smith wrote:
> I'm sorting a series of chapters based upon the chapter number. The numbering system is decimal:
>
> 3.9.1
> 3.9.2
> 3.9.3
>
> and so on.
>
> I'm currently casting the sort key value to xsd:decimal
> <xsl:sort select="xsd:decimal(@number)"  />
> but it's not producing the desired sort order. What am I missing?

Ibm curious: what number did you expect to get from the string b3.9.11b?

You will need to tokenize the strings and sort by their components.

~Chris
bAll I ask of living is to have no chains on me,
 And all I ask of dying is to go naturally.b b Laura Nyro
GnuPG Fingerprint: C6E4 E2A9 C9F8 71AC 9724 CAA3 19F8 6677 0077 C319