Re: [xsl] Building complex, hierarchical html datasets

Subject: Re: [xsl] Building complex, hierarchical html datasets
From: Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 11:01:05 -0400
Mark,

Consider splitting your process into separate phases, each processing the results of the last, and/or amending the data with apparatus like "maps" representing the abstracted structure. Even when not strictly necessary, this can be an excellent way of helping to manage the complexity of a task like this, as it isolates and foregrounds some of the design decisions.

In XSLT 2.0 this can all be done within a single transformation, although for development you may want to split out into more than one, making it easier to see what's going on.

Cheers,
Wendell