[xsl] Processing XML Efficiently Program Announced

Subject: [xsl] Processing XML Efficiently Program Announced
From: B Tommie Usdin <btusdin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 12:08:48 -0400
PROGRAM NOW AVAILABLE
International Symposium on Processing XML Efficiently:
Overcoming Limits on Space, Time, or Bandwidth

Monday August 10, 2009
Hotel Europa, Montrial, Canada

Chair: Michael Kay, Saxonica
Symposium description:  http://www.balisage.net/Processing/
Detailed Program: http://www.balisage.net/Processing/Program.html
Registration: http://www.balisage.net/registration.html

Developers have said it: "XML is too slow!",
where "slow" can mean many things including
elapsed time, throughput, latency, memory use,
and bandwidth consumption.

The aim of this one-day symposium is to
understand these problems better and to explore
and share approaches to solving them. We'll hear
about attempts to tackle the problem at many
levels of the processing stack. Some developers
are addressing the XML parsing bottleneck at the
hardware level with custom chips or with
hardware-assisted techniques. Some researchers
are looking for ways to compress XML efficiently
without sacrificing the ability to perform
queries, while others are focusing on the ability
to perform queries and transformations in
streaming mode. We'll hear from a group who
believe the problem (and its solution) lies not
with the individual component technologies that
make up an application, but with the integration
technology that binds the components together.

We'll also hear from someone who has solved the
problems in real life, demonstrating that it is
possible to build XML-based applications handling
very large numbers of documents and a high
throughput of queries while offering good
response time to users. And that with today's
technologies, not tomorrow's.

If you are interested in this symposium we invite you to read about
"Balisage: The Markup Conference", which follows it in the same location:
http://www.balisage.net/

Questions: info@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Balisage: The Markup Conference 2009          mailto:info@xxxxxxxxxxxx
August 11-14, 2009                             http://www.balisage.net
Processing XML Efficiently: August 10, 2009           Montreal, Canada