Re: [xsl] Sort by one attribute & use Muenchian technique to group by another attribute?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Sort by one attribute & use Muenchian technique to group by another attribute?
From: Michael Ludwig <mlu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 19:41:18 +0200
Newman, John W schrieb:
I would appreciate it if we could please keep responses relevant to
the Munchenian technique question now.

The Muenchian (M|nchen) technique may not be the ideal solution, at least not based on the input data you've provided. The deal here is to sort the input first, and then only use grouping to eliminate redundant @key names, which is xsl:for-each-group/@group-adjacent in 2.0. (One could say that Andrew has a point in pointing to this point.)

Take a look at Martin's solution. I think this is ideal.

Muenchian grouping would work better if you didn't have an order to
guarantee that is unrelated to the order imposed by the grouping.

Michael Ludwig