Re: [xsl] Discrepancy in handling current() in a pattern

Subject: Re: [xsl] Discrepancy in handling current() in a pattern
From: Alain <alainb06@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 20:03:33 +0200
Hi experts !

My apologies for not having done my homework correctly :-(

Ken's pointers made me realise that both norms are *cristal clear* about current() used in a pattern.

What is not so clear is *why Firefox and Xalan decided to handle it*, but that is not relevant to that list (unless some people from Xalan or Firefox reads this list and can explain)

As of the error I reported, here it is :

Saxon 9.0.0.1J from Saxonica
Java version 1.5.0_04

Recoverable error on line 79 of file:display-sudo.xsl:
  XPTY0019: An error occurred matching pattern {ku[@y!='1' and @z != ../ku[@y = current()/@y -1][@x= current()/@x]/@z]}: Required item type of first operand of '/' is node(); supplied value has item type xs:untypedAtomic

But as 9.1.0.2 do not report the same (wrong) error, I assume it was something already reported and already fixed!
I must remember to move to 9.1 on my other PC... to avoid reporting already-fixed errors.

Many thanks with renewed apologies