RE: [xsl] global types - controlying repetitions with a temp var?

Subject: RE: [xsl] global types - controlying repetitions with a temp var?
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 15:07:19 +0100
> However, I cant think of a rule to get this information. It
> can be many optins.
> Is it possible to make a test to the nodes being created? to
> see if it already exists?

Your use of "already" is another symptom of procedural thinking. There is no
"after" or "before" in functional programming: events do not happen in a
defined time sequence.

Could I suggest that you create a cut-down example that illustrates your
problem and explain the input structure and the output you want. We'll then
be able to show you how to tackle the problem in a functional way.

Regards,

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/
http://twitter.com/michaelhkay