[xsl] RE: doc-available vs. exists(document)

Subject: [xsl] RE: doc-available vs. exists(document)
From: <mlcook@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 08:13:49 -0400
Now that I have my transformation working, I got to wondering why
doc-available() and document() work a bit differently on their inputs.

If document() can find the file, why doesn't doc-available() use the
same rules?  I would think that I would check document availability,
then use the same value to actually open the document.

There must have been a reason for the difference.  Is there an (easy)
explanation for this?

Thanks, Mike

This email and any attachments are only for use by the intended recipient(s)
and may contain legally privileged, confidential, proprietary or otherwise
private information.  Any unauthorized use, reproduction, dissemination,
distribution or other disclosure of the contents of this e-mail or its
attachments is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this email in error,
please notify the sender immediately and delete the original.