RE: [xsl] Entity escaping/translation

Subject: RE: [xsl] Entity escaping/translation
From: Dan Vint <dvint@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 18:38:18 -0400
At 06:03 PM 6/17/2009, you wrote:
I can't quite remember why the serialization spec says (in 7.2)

"The HTML output method MUST NOT escape "<" characters occurring in
attribute values."

but I'm sure it was a good reason!

However, the output here is clearly neither XML nor HTML, but some other
angle-bracket-markup-language, and the best way of producing output in an
ABML that is neither XML nor HTML is usually to use character maps as Ken
suggests.

I'm using saxon to run this stylesheet. Its v6.5 I can try and use the current version to see if that makes a difference. The initial stylesheet called for html output, I tried setting it to text which made no difference. I also removed the output statement and that didn't change things. I see it is supposed to default to xml in this case.

I need to look at the details some more and see what exactly is needed. Ultimately I'm generating a bunch of little files that are used by PHP - so it is some hybrid combination of HTML and PHP code.

..dan

Panoramic Photography
http://www.dvint.com

voice: 502-749-6179